What is a tropical bedroom?
A tropical bedroom is a wonderful living space especially if you enjoy bright colors and a great imagination.
When you think of a tropical bedroom, you think of humid weather, summer rains, mosquitoes, leafy foliage and an exotic destination. Tropical décor exudes feelings of a carefree lifestyle and it goes beyond the iconic palm trees.
You can create your very own modern tropical bedroom in the comfort of your home. This is what makes home décor so great and versatile as you’re able to spruce up or completely change your home the way you want to.
What are the characteristics of a tropical room?
There are a few different styles when it comes to a tropical bedroom design ideas, this includes the likes of:
The nautical theme draws inspiration from the ocean marina and incorporates it into the bedroom. A common feature would be checkered, stripes or plaid bedding along with other nautical accents throughout the room. If you’re doing alterations a porthole-like window or windows could be great.
These are beautiful, fun bedrooms that ooze the love for waves as well as including class and attention to detail. Throw in a surfboard for display purpose in the room or whether you use it to surf; it simply adds a solid part of surf culture into the décor of this bedroom. Artwork and other surfer accents are excellent.
Picture Bali and other exotic island destinations with their white sandy beaches and sunny skies. Your exotic bedroom could feature dark wood, cherry or oak colors with a cozy, holiday theme, or be a bright and airy with light wooden accents. Wickers, bamboo textures, and island-holiday decor accents are some of the main characteristics of an exotic bedroom.
Contemporary designs shouldn’t only be reserved for the tropical master bedroom ideas because they’re wonderful and versatile enough for many years to come including being suited to the other featured bedrooms.
Contemporary rooms can focus on the given theme but can still make use of current pieces of furniture that could carry on and be good for more years to come. Linen materials and bright or neutral colors are common in this type of tropical designed room.
Tropical home accessories and items commonly used include but are not limited to:
* Wicker baskets
* Wooden floors and ceiling
* Ceiling fans
* Bright colors (whites, yellows)
* Dark wood
* Lightweight linen
* Shutters and roman blinds
* Four-poster bed
Are tropical bedrooms common in America?
Certain states experience excellent Mediterranean and tropical weather, and this makes having a home or bedroom located in these states quite fitting. The room design is easy to adapt to, comfortable and fairly common in USA.
If you’re looking to create your tropical theme bedroom then think about the following:
* Decide on what theme of tropical are you’re looking to enjoy – bear in mind that this is your escape where you’ll enjoy a good night’s rest, or to simply relax.
* Colors – tropical rooms always incorporate bright colors to remind us of those sunny hot days and blue skies. However, natural colors work too and for some it may be the easiest when incorporating other items into the room.
* Stick to simplicity – it’s easy to create a hot mess if you’re trying to come up with your own tropical décor ideas. It’s best to keep things simple and fluid, even when accessorizing the room.
Never overdo the décor with too much palm trees and banana leafs as this will draw all the attention (and not in a good way).
Some people prefer to do a tropical mural on the wall which can simply add that unique look to the room. In modern days the tropical themed room is very contemporary and oozes the serenity and relaxing feeling of a coastal holiday.
What are the Pros and Cons of a tropical themed room?
* The room looks great with beautiful décor and makes a relaxing living space
* You can make use of bold prints and murals
* The colors make it easy to add pieces of décor and other textures in
* They are great for a master bed, teens room or kids room
* They may be expensive to create from scratch
* Not everybody would be keen on the sheer boldness that some tropic themes exude
What will it cost to have a tropical bedroom?
Costs can vary from one person to the next. Working with what you have including the current space of the room will reduce the cost factor. Décor items are not as expensive, but changing the flooring and extending the room can considerably add to your expenses.
Your hired professional will have a keen eye for what needs to be achieved from creating the perfect tropically inspired bedroom. Your professionals will include the interior designer and a contractor for the brick and mortar alterations to the room if any.
At Homify you can browse from a wide selection of skilled professionals that can help you create your very own tropical designed bedroom