If your theme to your home is a country style, then you’ll probably include country decor throughout. The good news with interior decor for your home is the fact that you can change it up just the way you want whether you live out in the country or in the heart of the bustling city. Creating the perfect country bathroom is a great way to make your home more complete.
When it comes to designs for your rustic bathroom, you’ll be pleased to know that you’re really spoilt for choice.
These can take on a feel of sunny bright yellow hues, pedestal bathtub and perhaps some rustic artwork decking the walls.
Taking a cue from sea vessels, nautical themed bathrooms are beautiful and can feature porthole type mirrors or windows for that matter. Nautical colours will accompany the theme plus a trough-like sink can work well too.
Sliding partition bathroom door
A sliding door parting the way to the bathroom is often a good option for a country-feel en-suite bathroom. You can top this look with natural colors and rustic decor to create the ideal country bathroom.
Journey into the country-rural side
Country bathroom decor can also include the likes of old finishes to give that sense of retro style. Add a pedestal tub, wooden “worn-looking” cupboards and some artwork for a better feel.
The materials that make a good mix for a bathroom fit for the country includes warn-looking items that should allow the bathroom to exude a warm and cozy feel. Color hues are mostly natural such as white, tan, brown, gray and other neutrals. Bathroom light fittings can include the likes of downlights, but lamps make a better impression and these go well with freestanding claw foot bathtubs. Rustic faucet designs and older looking sinks and toilets such as seen in Victorian or Neoclassic era are perfect for your bathroom. Flooring may include “washed” tiles, but wooden finished floors make it even more realistic and beautifully charming.
Other rustic bathroom decor items include but are not limited to:
* Wicker baskets
* Wall cladding
* White towels
* Bathroom rug
* Subway wall tiles
Everything has its advantages and disadvantages and when deciding whether or not to build a bathroom suited to the countryside, it too may have some limits.
* They make a beautiful warm setting for your home
* Depending on the type of decor, they can be very timeless
* They can work as your escape away from the bustle of a hectic lifestyle
* They make small bathrooms look great
* Country design bathrooms can be expensive, once again depending on the materials used
* They may not be suited to everybody’s taste and could lose their charm with time
* They don’t fit in with all homes
Any alterations to be done on a building should comply with the governing authorities and in this case, these aspects will regard the plumbing, electrical work, floor plans, installations and rerouting ductwork to name a few. Each state will vary one from the other.
It’s important to have your plumbing and electrical work undertaken by a professional as they are licensed and follow protocol and regulations pertaining to the project at hand.
When looking at the financial side of creating your perfect bathroom, this will vary from one aspect to the next. Firstly, if this is an additional bathroom being created from scratch, the cost will go into planning, labor, materials and professionals. Adding another bathroom is always more expensive than simply altering an existing one.
The next thing to think about is whether you’re simply redoing an existing bathroom, which will work out far less than building one from start to finish. The materials used as well as decor will all add to the final price tag. Sometimes people prefer a shower over a tub and vice versa and thus would only choose either one.
Here are some estimates of bathroom materials:
* Bathtub— To install a bathtub professionally could cost between $740.00 to $1,400.00.
* Shower—To install a shower can vary and could average $600 to $1000.00
* Tiles—The design and tile material plus labor can average $300.00 to $800.00
* Toilets—The design plays a role in the cost as well and toilets will average at $200.00 to $400.00
* Sinks—Sinks can range from an estimate of $300.00 to $500.00
* Flooring—There are so many options when it comes to flooring and the type of material plays a major role in the cost and longevity thereof.
Plumbing costs can vary from one contractor to the next and the same can be said of electrical work. Plumbers can estimate from $10,000 to $30,000 on average about $45.00 to $150.00 a hour and electricians can average hourly rates from $70.00 to $90.00
For professionals and services to help you create the perfect country bathroom, browse through our team of top-notch homify professionals and let them guide and inspire you!