Our homes are more than financial assets. They have deep emotional meaning. For those of us fortunate enough to have grown up in houses owned by our parents, they were the backdrop for our childhood memories — the places we played and argued and hung our artwork and marked the door jam with pencil lines as we grew taller. For better or worse, the houses of our childhoods represented to many of us a good measure of the success our parents had attained, an outward expression of how hard work had paid off in comfort and safety and the respect of the community, a soulful place to live and gained “Inner Healing” in times of despair and pain.
These are the inspirations for us to come up with the possibilities of a “Healing House” concept. Below are the ideal elements to make a soulful place of inner healing:
(1) Use of Earthy colors such as Brown to Gray in monochromatic as possible having white as the base.
(2) Provide more linear shapes especially for mirrors.
(3) Having wooden furniture for the interiors and façade as the accent.
(4) Captivating landscape surrounding the house, providing pocket garden for the house interior is also recommended.
(5) Transparent glass for windows and walls for the feeling of openness.
(6) Hanging of Curtains with layers will make a good interior privacy.
(7) Adding of warm lights will give drama for the house interior.
(8) Proper orientation of windows showing great views of skies and green scenery will help to calm the senses.
(9) Putting up water element such as pond, pool & fountains will contribute a peaceful environment
(10) Candle scents at bedrooms and toilet for a refreshing feeling.
This is another Architectural Possibilities of VITO ASSOCIATES, where ideas and design matters. For Architectural Design project queries and consultations, feel free to contact us thru our email address at email@example.com.