is a Mumbai based architecture practice established in 2003 by Quaid Doongerwala and Shilpa Ranade.
The firm has worked on a diverse range of projects including individual houses, retail stores, offices, institutional projects and master planning in different parts of the country. Our projects have won awards and been published in leading national magazines. Quaid and Shilpa have lectured and shown the work of DCOOP at several prestigious platforms.
We believe that any exercise of design should derive from a deep study and understanding of the history, context and lived realities of a given site and program. Quaid and Shilpa’s independent research and interest in social and cultural aspects of our immediate environment has given the firm a positive inter-disciplinary grounding and a critical edge. Design for us is a multi-disciplinary field that requires combined skills of art, anthropology, engineering, and management at different stages.
DCOOP aims towards bridging the gap that exists between concerns of ‘pure’ design, the contingencies of execution, and sensitivity to the requirements of the user, to produce an environment that is at once contemporary and sustainable. Pragmatically planned, meticulously put together, subtly fine-tuned to stimulate the senses; our projects are characterized by their refined proportions and a sense of balanced restfulness.
The DCOOP studio runs on the energy of a talented team of inspired young people who work closely with the principals on each project, supported by a team of experienced contractors and consultants.
The process of working on every project is a deeply engaged exercise as multiple possibilities are explored, designs developed, model studies made and material studies undertaken to arrive at apt design solutions. These are taken through the construction process with as much commitment on site.
- Architecture and Interiors
- Service areas
- Company awards
- 2016 Winner, Indian Institute of Interior Designers (IIID) Award at the national level, Gustoso, Mumbai for the leisure and entertainment category.
- 2015 Finalist, VJTI PG hostel computation.
- 2009 Winner, Architect of the Year, A+D Spectrum Award for Institutional Architecture for the School of Science, Kadappa, Andhra Pradesh.
- 2009 Special Mention, A+D Spectrum Award for Young Enthused Architect for YVU Hostel, Kadappa andGenerator House, Veraval, Gujarat.
- 2005 Winner, Open National Competition for the Design of the Post-graduate campus of the Sri Venkateswara University, Kadappa, Andhra Pradesh.
- 2003 Finalist, Open National Competition for Freedom Park: Redesigning the Central Jail, Bangalore.
- 2003 Indian Institute of Interior Designers (IIID) Award for Interior in Heritage spaces, Ensemble.
- 2000 Indian Institute of Interior Designers (IIID) Young Designer Award in the Small Offices category.
- 2000 Inside Outside, India 'Designer of the Year' Award in the Commercial Spaces Category.
- Show all 17 awards
Dattaram Lad Road,